Monday, June 15, 2009

Grocery Store Trips June 8-14

I had an awesome trip to Bi-Lo (they had a bunch of B1G1) where I saved 61%! Finally I have a trip where I pay less than 50%. I got $122.18 worth of groceries for $47.45 (before tax) . I bought batteries, lunch meat, All free and clear laundry detergent, spray and wash, cleaners, tomatos, apple slices, visine, excedrin, cards, Uno pizza, strawberries, Country Time lemonade, rice, heinz ketchup, Heinz 57, Laudry marinade (got Bi-Lo free on both of these as well), lots of full bags. Plus they were really nice about my coupons. Depending on the sales this week I may go to Bi-Lo first instead of Publix.

Unlike the Publix on Two Notch which was not nice about coupons, all of which were perfectly legitimate and I was not even buying any type of large amounts of anything. After that, all my coupons scanned (so there!) but I will not be going back to that Publix except for quick emergency items. I did save 40% at Publix which was good considering I bought several non sale, non coupon items and dog food.

The Publix on Forest Drive never gives me any hassles about coupons and the lay out is much nicer. I will just drive further to get to them.

And for a change I went to Food Lion for a couple of items cheese, Pepsi 12 packs, Marie Callender and I needed a clorox bleach pen for laundry that day. I saved 46% with the sales and two coupons. Basically I got 4 Kraft cheese $1.50 a chunck (with 1 $.50 coupon) a Marie Callendar steamer ($2.00 with $.75 coupon = $1.25 for nice frozen meal) , 4 Pepsi brand 12 packs, Clorox pen. After looking at my receipt closely they over charged on the drinks but it was still a pretty good deal but that would have put me at about 50% probably.

I used $51.15 in coupons and the rest were advertised savings!

No comments: