Monday, June 1, 2009

Couponing this weekend...

I did pretty good although I know I can do better. Bi-Lo was best trip. And those who love us know we can be picky persnickity (Blakely) about what we eat so saving money is good.

At Bi-Lo, I got 4 bags of salad, two bags of cut up apples, 3 boxes of sugar free chocolate pudding ($1 off 3 boxes coupon) a 6 pack of Pepsi bottles, a bag of carrots, 2 bananas, 3 peaches, 1 onion, 2 - 4 packs of Hunt's pudding, and Herbal Essence Stylers $2.88 (with doubled .50/1 off coupon) and Bic Soleil Bella Razors $3.88 (with $3 off coupon) and I want to say something else that I cannot remember right now. But I spent than $20 total with savings of basically $20 and 50%. The Pepsi at $3 was most expensive with hair styler and apples being next most expensive. Fifty percent savings is good! It would be awesome to save 50% each trip.

At Kroger I bought Pullups ($10 in savings), bread, execedrin, lunch packs, gushers, fruit roll ups, frozen meals (3 with coupons), froz pizza, TGIF Fajitas, strawberries, bread (.78/loaf), milk (1.99 a gallon). paper towels (3.99 with coupon). I saved $29.31 or 28% using paper and e-coupons.

And finally Publix where I bought the bulk of my items, including 6 boxes of Little Bites, dog food, fish, pot roast, ground turkey, chop steak, fried chicken, bread, cherry tomatos, bread, sherbert, 4 bags of sandwich meat, yogurt covered raisins, feta cheese, 4 8oz Cabots cheese, swiss cheese, rice, 3 boxes of Capri Sun, fried onions, smartpop, pringles (free plus overage). p-nuts (.19 cents for Planters), jello, frozen peas, fruit cups, 4 canisters Crystal Light and more...I saved $70.86 and 34%.

All in all I went to three stores and saved over $60 using coupons I found in newspaper or online - easy peezy! And I seriously need a bigger freezer and more cabinet space.

No comments: