Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day

Frank IV had the day off from school yesterday so he got to vote twice! Once with Pap and Grandma in Moncks Corner and once with Mommy in Columbia. Both times he waited about an hour. In Columbia he managed to get tangled up in the power cords under the voting machine and almost unplugged ALL of the machines. That would have been really bad! We would have ended up on tv for that for sure. Plus we would not have been allowed back. After that little incident he got to help Mommy actually push the VOTE button on machine to finalize her vote.

As someone who has never missed an election since she was 18 I was happy to see so many people turn out and vote. I went to register on my birthday but the machine was broken so my card was dated March 25 instead of March 22, 1992. I voted by absentee ballot that year and the entire time I was in school. Being able to vote peacefully is a right very few people have in this world and Americans fail to understand that. I am glad both candidates were gracious in the winning and losing. I pray that our country will work together to face the challenges before us.

I will post the picture of Frank IV eating ice cream watching election returns once I download it. He is actually watching Dora not the election but it is on election night. ICE CREAM is his new favorite thing to eat. He ate a big bowl by himself then he wanted mine too!

No comments: